Caring & Storage
If service or repair is required, contact Quest Support to organise for the unit to be returned. If the unit is disassembled this will void the warranty and will render the device inoperable.
- Do not disassemble the terminal yourself. Doing so will ‘tamper’ the device and void the warranty.
- Do not use the terminal whilst in control of a vehicle.
- Do not use the terminal in an extreme environment where high temperature or high humidity exists.
- Do not leave the terminal in a vehicle in direct full sun.
- Do not drop, knock or violently shake the terminal. Rough handling can potentially damage the glass display, internal circuitry and mechanics.
- Do not expose the terminal or accessories to liquid such as rain, spilled beverages or hand sanitiser.
- Avoid contact with other metal objects to avoid unsightly scratches. Scratches to glass or plastics are considered fair wear and tear and are not covered by the warranty.
- Only charge the terminal using the supplied cable and power adaptor.
- The battery performs at its optimum in an ambient temperature of 0°C to 45°C.
Additional User-replaceable Battery Warnings
- Never short-circuit the battery pack, as it may overheat and cause a fire.
- Keep battery pack away from jewellery and other metal objects.
- Never dispose of the battery pack in a fire. It could explode and release harmful substances into the environment.
- Never dispose of the battery pack with your regular waste. Speak to your local battery disposal authority.
- Always store your terminal in a cool, dry place.
- When not in use, store the terminal in a secure locked office or cabinet to prevent theft.
- If you anticipate not using the terminal within a 4 week period, the battery must be fully charged beforehand.
- If you anticipate not using the terminal for a longer period of time, the battery must be fully charged and periodically checked and recharged every 3 months. Doing so will ensure the terminal retains its sensitive information and will be ready for use when required.
Warning: Failure to maintain adequate battery charge may result in the loss of stored information in the terminal, and result in the terminal having to be returned to Quest for recommissioning. Please contact Quest Support if you have any concerns about this.
Transporting a mobile terminal
We designed the mobile carry case as accidents can happen when using the terminal on the road. The carry case includes protective lining and a shoulder/waist strap. Contact Quest Sales for more information.
Cleaning your payment terminal
To keep your device looking its best and remain hygienic for your customers, it is good practice to regularly clean your terminal.
For general cleaning, wipe down the terminal with a lint-free microfibre cloth lightly dampened with clean water. For stubborn stains or build up, add a drop of dishwashing liquid to a tub of water, then dampen the cloth with this solution. Never spray liquids directly onto the terminal. Always spray onto the cloth first.
When wiping, do not allow excess moisture to seep into the card openings and gaps across the terminal. After cleaning, wipe the terminal with a clean, dry cloth.
To clean the glass, use the supplied Quest Glass Cleaning cloth or a clean, dry, non-abrasive cloth to gently remove loose dirt or smudges.